Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

FIRST THINGS FIRST.

If I would even remotely began to write all that is on my mind tonight, it would be a chapter of a book, rather than a blog.

A man in Venice, Louisiana has blessed my heart with his passion, his servant hood and his love for people! His testimony of his devotions to the Lord rises up at various times inside of me and allows me to remember that GOD SUPPLIES ALL OUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY! Far too much to share here.

Jesse Morris and his wife Charlotte were scheduled to go to Nepal with my sister and brother in law, David on September 10 2012.
Because God has a "sense of humor" and sent the Hurricane, Isaac, to their small community, right on the peninsula of Louisiana they are not able to go to Nepal for serving the people of their community, because that is JUST WHAT THEY DO.

God knows exactly where he wants us and knows exactly when and how he wants to serve his people. It might not be on the other side of the world. It might be your neighbor next door.

Jesse and Charlotte and their team of precious people are serving many many meals daily since Isaac hit last week. Jessee's house and church were not damaged to the point of liveable, but other homes and business' were.
Opportunity struck this man of God to SERVE the people, show them love and give them hope.
They are feeding everyday at about 1,500  dollars a day. This has gone on for over 5 days. They amaze me!

I wonder at times how much faith I have, and then I hear the news of a small church on the tip end of the state in which I was born.
I wonder because I want what he's got.......just faith.....but I know too, that there is a price to pay for putting your faith into action.
Are we really willing to pay the price for the sake of the call?

I would like to go to Nepal with my sister....my thought is; 'Can God give me the funds to go, on this short notice?' Of course he can. But as I watch Jesse and Charlotte....I realize that God is going to do just about anything he wants to do with the conditioned heart toward Him, even if it means stay home and do the first thing first.

I wait.

Five days and I might be on a plane to Nepal.....only God knows--only God.




No comments:

Post a Comment