Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 3, 2012

The reason I write--(written on Word Press Blog 1st)

I am Holly Vernon Miller and I write out of what seems to be pulled from me like a vacuum.
I seek to live a life, as if a mission is something I just do, not strive to do. I want to deliver words of Truth through the precious and amazing Word of God, and my wish is that you hear Him and not me. For instance, this is how I view it; If you pick up a Bible, and gently turn the pages, you just might begin to hear the sound of Angels wings fluttering.
This may not seem interesting to you, but you have yet to hear my story of how a preachers kid can actually care and embrace pain and ultimately show you/others how it can become your passion.
I reflect on every phase of my life as a lesson. I was the youngest of four daughters and we were  raised as a “Preacher’s Kids” (PK’s they called us) starting in our adolescence.  When my daddy decided to leave a decent paying job and wholeheartedly begin to trust the ONE who had been calling him since the age of 18, we had no choice except to go along. He was 36 or 37 years old when he finally yielded to the very thing that never allowed him rest from within. I was 12 and my other sisters were 13, 14, 15. It was at this point of my life, that my faith in my dad and mom and ultimately my resource in the Word of God became an inscription on my heart. Truly inscribed.
I  freely admit my path as an adult had been a bit “curved” at times, after my 9 year marriage ended in divorce……, but I now journey through this life quite differently than before. “Realizing that divorce—though devastating and living single for ten years was at times more than difficult, it is truly about remaining focused on the “awakenings” of God”….He always surprises us. Well, at least He has certainly always surprised me. When I actually WOKE UP to what had been placed in me long ago, I could finally see where my faith was strengthened, yet, I did not know it at the time. It was during the pain, I could see that affliction must happen so that the pain can bring us into divine healing which actually calls us long before we ever endured, and that is when we are finally restored. Restoration does come. (Isaiah 55:3)
My husband Charlie and I will be married 9 years in November. Through love and most of all devotion  and commitment I anticipate and always question and wonder what is next for us every single day. Through times of difficulty and yet  through laughter and most importantly learning more about God and His incredible Word, I wait and I remain certain I am hearing Him speak as I seek to ‘TEACH TRUTH AS I WAS TAUGHT.’ How do I know it is TRUTH? Because I have  the knowledge of my life lessons as I walk through my jubilee years of life. I also have a record of a life within and outside the boundaries of Gods incredible amazing grace. While living in the times that Charismatic was just not a thing of the present, it was actually hardly accepted, but daddy kept us believing and therefore, I have put my faith to action! I learned from the best of the best in Gods army of the 80′s, that being a believer was and will always be a ‘fanatic’, but I do not care. ONLY, now, I have seen the high cost of PAIN and have far outlived the blows of the enemy because my PASSION DRIVES ME to be stronger and bolder than the one who tries to bring me down. THIS IS WHY I WRITE!
In 2006, the year my mom and three sisters and I lost our preacher daddy, he spoke words to each of us during his final breathes, while lying still, in the agonizing ICU room.  He said to me; “You are creative and passionate, don’t ever lose that.” The word Passionate has become my heart song, because daddy was right, I am very passionate about the very core of who I truly am within my being. Pain has delivered to me healing which only allows me to use an antidote of the same blood washed love that cured me. See, Pain is a passion. For me, it strengthened me to persevere me and be a voice for the afflicted,  which is ‘why i write’.
I love to encourage women to become more than what they could have ever seen themselves doing in their lives. I do this by TEACHING TRUTH AS I WAS TAUGHT. If I told you that growing up as a preachers kid was hard, I would be lying. It was easy, not because it was always fun, but because it resonated in me as if everyone else was living the more difficult way of life and I/ we were granted the reward, to live in a way that no body else wanted to accept.
My dad started the first non-denominational church in the small town where I lived and grew up. He was a pioneer and at the time, I didn’t even realize how ridiculed he truly was, especially after he was kicked out of the Baptist church for being just a little too liberal with the ‘TRUTHS’ of the Word of God. It was certainly amazing to watch. My daddy was rooted, like a one hundred year old tree stump. NOTHING and no-one would ever convince him that he was wrong about his deliberate love and desire to preach the Word of God and his interpretation of it was FRESH in the late ’70′s, but not so gracefully accepted. .Daddy was on a wave that was taking him into places with God that the whole town talked about at the time of his death 30 some years after he started his mission to “Get people saved, or get out of town!” That’s a trait, I think, or I am certain he saw in me and my sister Rhonda. He called her zealous.
I am passionate about believing in a God that says He will provide all your needs, because he will! I am stubborn when it comes to confessing only the good of a situation because I saw the results of that confession happen too many times for my mom and dad.
When and after my dad died, I knew I was to complete the book I had started prior to his sickness, and in 2007, I completed and published my first book, “Life after the games” Prior to 2004, I DID NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO TURN ON OR OFF A COMPUTER! I was a hairdresser for 23 years and never had a single amount of training on a computer, whatsoever! It was the PAIN OF THE CRUCIBLE, as my nephew would say about editing my writings, after my second BOOK, ‘The face of an arrow”.
When daddy first decided to go into the ministry all I could think of at the time of my adolescence  was, what about Christmas? The realization of knowing he was not getting paid troubled me at the age of 12 years old. That is when I began to learn, without realizing it, that we were going to experience  and determine to live by FAITH. Not faith as we ‘religiously’ speak about, but faith as a way of life! My life as a PK had all of the sudden become the norm. I never lacked for anything.
As I blog I will add many synopsis of a life as a PK and you will begin to understand the power behind my passion.
I presently serve in my church at Central Christian, here in Wichita, Kansas and I assist in leading praise and worship with an assigned team on particular Sunday mornings.
My greatest faith step was when I was sitting on the toilet asking God if I could go to school, ( I couldn’t ask my husband, because the school was outside of New York) and at that very moment, I heard the Lord say to me; “Teach and I will teach you.” That is not what I was looking for, but I realized that every fiber in my being was screaming to seek out the essence of who I was through the written Word of God. I had no Idea that when I went to Choir that following Wednesday night after I heard the Lord Speak, that my friend/acquaintance at the time would ask me; “Holly, when are you going to start that Bible study you had told me you were going to start?” I said;” Monday!”  I did not even realize I had said it until it came out of my mouth. I told her that the invites were up to her. I was not going to invite anyone, but rather she could. Eight came that first night on September 8 2008 and since that day on the ‘throne’ I have continued to lead in many, many  teachings. I taught 2 1/2 years, faithfully, I committed to every Monday night of those years and after that, I went to the first Monday of every month, providing it did not fall on a Holiday. I have had a wide range of women walk through my door and within those hearts, some broken to the point of feeling no repair, the WORD has become a reflection of that incredible day when my three sisters and I became ordained into the ministry, in 2006, because daddy would have asked us to do so, though he never assumed.
Somebody believed in me. I believe in you. Yes, Pastor Leon Vernon called me passionate, but Jesus Christ called me HIS, and with that, I TEACH HIS TRUTH, AS I WAS TAUGHT. Thanks to my preacher dad and my faithful God-fearing mother, I remain, living a life of FAITH.
Be blessed as you search for Truth. If you need it, I will help you learn.
Both of my books are found on Amazon.com–I am still amazed! Amazed that I am able to write and amazed that I am allowed the time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment