Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 27, 2010

When we say good-bye

I thought I would write a blog since it has been almost one month from the last writing.

I just want to speak from my heart. (not unlike the other times I have written. I just want to write from a different prospective.)

When we say good-bye was a thought I have had about my husband when he says good-bye to me in the mornings, when he leaves for work. I have often wondered when he leaves the house; "will that be our last good-bye?" I have thought; "Was I happy with that good-bye?" This morning, we did not have a very heartfelt good-bye. In fact we did not have a very heart felt good-night.
The gesture of a formal good-bye is the essence of a warm hello. This means we are really saying to the other person; "I will always be here." But, when the good-bye is empty and void of emotion, so is the hello. I think we should say good-bye to ones we love with sheer abandonment of love, as it may be the last.
Please understand, I am not being morbid, I am being real. We do not know when we will say good-bye to someone for the last time. Think of a favorite movie that has touched your heart. Although I am a sucker for great romance movies that have endings with the happily ever after, I also have seen the other side of the "Happily Ever after", with "The way we were" --Yental and that Richard Gere movie with Diane Lang.....(the one where he DIES!) and other movies which did not leave me smiling, but rather crying.
When we say good-bye is on my heart for the season and year we are about to walk away from. 2010 has been a very unusual year for many reasons.
I have skimmed through my old calendar and have seen so many various things I have done in this year. I see how many times I was fearful over a speaking engagement or excited over a short trip to Florida with my husband. I have made note of birthday's that I wouldn't forget, yet forgot and made notes of what I was eating, so I would not over eat. I've seen how every Monday when accessible to life's schedule, that I held a Bible study in my home.
I looked at the visit's I had from friends or loved ones who came to my house and how many times I groomed the dog. I went to many retreats, even spoke for my first Singles Retreat. The funniest thing I wrote, was in the month of May when I told myself to buy Kimberly Ann ferns for my front porch when I got back from San Antonio with my mother for Mothers day. The things we do in a year.
I had portions of my house painted, my bathroom shower redone and even started hormone replacement therapy. (I do feel better!)I went to Altoona, Kansas for a campmeeting only to leave my diamond earrings in the Hotel and experience that there are really good people in the world; THEY CALLED ME TO TELL ME I LEFT MY EARRINGS! Wow!
Yes, Garage sale shopping in the summer time and dining out with old friends only about three times. The most admired note on my calendar is the one reminding myself to keep a secret about an 80th birthday party I was attending for an ole friend. I have known her since moving to Wichita, Kansas eighteen years ago. She was so surprised. The month of December alone is full of scribble, not to nibble, but events that I needed to partake in. The monumental one was a wedding of a couple who were engaged for eight years only after dating fifteen! They tied the knot.
Kansas city to another wedding. A Christmas musical with my church. A "party bus" to look at Christmas lights, with 70 to 90 year old women, and I was the only one in my forties! But the final and most significant date was my 49th birthday December the 19th! On that particular day, I submitted my second manuscript for my second book. Yes, on my 49th birthday, my Publisher/printer was given my work of my mind and heart and am looking forward to holding that second baby in my hands in the year 2011.
So, here I sit on the 27th day of December with nothing on my calendar, but rather many thoughts in my heart as we approach the ending of a really unusual year.
When we say good-bye we should do it with much love and passion only to hope we will be holding that love and passion again very soon. I look forward to 2011 as it will be another great year to fill a calendar with the events that fill our space and time here. I pray you embrace the day and the ones you choose to "say good-bye to and......... HELLO!"

1 comment:

  1. So, you are wanting to fill up your calendar a little more in 2011? A few more speaking engagements after book #2 is published? Congratulations on your accomplishments, my friend!

    We should always treat each day as our last - we are never promised tomorrow. Live each day and moment with passion!

    ReplyDelete