Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 24, 2012

A great chance of RAIN!

After waiting almost 6 months for 'our' vacation time to finally come, we find out, it's going to rain all week!
I checked the forecast in Ft. Lauderdale this morning, after checking many similar web-sites last night, (as if it is going to change) all I could see across the week were clouds! Last night, on one site,  I saw clouds across the week with a hint of sun on Wednesday. Well, yes, the forecast did change, because this morning, they added LIGHTENING BOLTS to the CLOUDS, and the 'hint of sun' was gone.

My husband and I made the assertive decision to cancel the whole trip. The condo, which we lost all our timeshare points, the non-refundable car and the non-refundable airline tickets. However we can rebook with the airlines for $150.00 a person, (along with added cost! whoopee!) but lost the Hotwire deal with Alamo, $157.00!

And just like that, it's OVER.

The great anticipation of going to the beach, touring by water the mansions of our "Venice" in America, gone. Then what about the BOAT SHOW?! The very reason we were going.

 Whaa-whaa!!! Whaa!

Oh, who cares, get over yourself I thought, after spending almost an hour pouting over the whole ordeal, I decided to rise above it and stop the insanity!

PAUSE:

Three days later.....HURRICANE SANDY HITS.
I guess somebody knew best for the situation. Thank you Jesus!

My heart goes out to all the Victims of Sandy's destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment